Tuesday 11 October 2011

Peter Max to paint Norwegian Breakaway’s hull


Peter Max to paint Norwegian Breakaway’s hull

By Jerry Limone
PeterMax-NCLBreakawayRenowned pop artist Peter Max, whose works are often sold on cruise ships, will paint a cruise ship.

Max will paint the hull of the Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Cruise Line’s 4,000-passenger ship scheduled for delivery in April 2013.

“I am a huge fan of his work and know that the art he creates for Norwegian Breakaway will make the ship instantly recognizable,” said Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Kevin Sheehan.

Max said he “loves painting large canvases.”

“I’ve painted a plane and a stage for Woodstock, but never a ship,” he said. “I love ships and have traveled on them many times in my life. To see my artwork floating on Norwegian Breakaway out at sea will be a dream come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment