10 Talking points about the MSC Meraviglia.
MSC Meraviglia will be one of the worlds largest ship in terms of passenger capacity.
- Bigger is better - When it launches in June, MSC Meraviglia will become one of the largest ships in the world, catering for 4,500 passengers at double occupancy, Max. Cap. of 5,714 pax., and a crew of 1,536.
- Prepare for launch - Meraviglia is due to be christened in Le Havre on June 3rd 2017, and will then sail on a range of itineraries around the western Mediterranean; out of three home ports Genoa, Barcelona, and Marseille. Meraviglia will then spend the winter homeported in Miami, Florida.
- Cabins with a view - The ship will have a total of 2,244 cabins across 14 categories - 75% of all cabins will have balconies. These include 23 interlinked "cluster" cabins that can be used by families or groups of up to 10 people, plus 8 suites with balconies and whirlpool baths.
- They will entertain you - A major selling point will be nightly performances of two exclusive shows by Canadian theatrical producer Cirque du Soleil, who will be the head line act of the programme offering 20 hours of daily entertainment. The major onboard venue will be the 985-seat Broadway Theatre, while other facilities include an 80 meter LED screen with daily shows,a full size bowling ally, casino and 10 dancing floors to boogie the night away.
- Making a bigger splash - Onboard water-based activities will be based around four pools and the ships Aqua Park with three water slides including the high speed Champagne bowl slide plus a Himalayan Bridge across the entire width of the deck.
- Fun for all the Family - As well as the water parks there will be a amusement park and children's area located on the same deck. Doremi Tech Lab will allow kids to try the latest technology and the Lego Experience onboard is sure to be a big hit. There will also be a room especially for babies and their families, that has been created with Italian baby research centre Chicco. There is also a separate room for the Teens.
- A feast for cruisers - Meraviglia will offer 12 separate dinning options, including Katio Sushi Bar and Butchers Cut American Steakhouse, as well as a chocolate "Atelier" and creperie from pastry chef Jean Phillippe Maury. Flexible dining will be on offer with 8 sittings per night at selected dining venues and fresh food will be available at the buffet 20 hours a day. There will be a choice of 20 bars and lounges for pre- and after dinner drinks.
- Shop to you drop - Onboard shops will feature a range of 300 brands plus 250 products that will be exclusive to MSC. The line also say there will be a 15% on average in its shops compared with shore prices.
- Relax and get Pampered - The ship will feature a 1,100sqm Balinese-themed MSC Aureau Spa offering an extensive range of 20 massages and 26 facials. There will also be a gym and walking track for the more energetic.
- Enhanced Yacht Club - The MSC Yacht Club is an exclusive area of the ship featuring Royal and Deluxe suites, 24 hour butler service, a private treatment room in the Spa, private pool on the ships highest deck and a separate 130 seat restaurant. The club will accommodate 78 suites, 15 inside cabins and 2 apartments.