Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth
I know it is hard to believe but on 12th October Queen Elizabeth will be celebrating her first birthday.
Here are some fun facts that you probably didn't know about Cunard's latest superliner.
- By her first birthday Queen Elizabeth would have visited 108 different destinations
- She would have travelled approximately 123,351 nautical miles
- Celebrities and speakers which have sailed onboard include; Lord Jeffery Archer, Ruth Scott, Brian Hoey & Robert Kershaw
- A total of 78 guest speakers would have travelled onboard by her 1st birthday
- She has constantly received over 90% in her customer service questionnaires
- Queen Elizabeth met her 2 sisters for the first time in New York on 13th January 2011, there was big celebrations & fireworks and Peter Shanks (Cunard MD) rang the stock exchange bell in NYC
- A special celebration was held in the Queens Room on the day of the Royal wedding, where guests could watch the event on a screen and were given cake
- Maiden call to Fjords in May, the first interactive voyage and blog of an onboard experience by Cunard’s New Media Executive.
- Maiden call to Travemunde in June, where an estimated 20,000 people greeted the arrival of Queen Elizabeth.
Will you be sailing on Queen Elizabeth on her 1st Birthday voyage? How would you like Cunard to Celebrate her birthday onboard?